Welcome to the World of Diving
Why get certified?
Getting certified to scuba dive teaches you to explore an underwater world confidently and safely. There are many different encounters and enviroments to explore underwater and we want to give you the skillls and information to handle them. You will also be able to present your certification card to any dive shop and rent tanks and gear anywhere in the world. The certification is good for life so long as you maintain your skills.
Expanding your skills and continuing your education opens up more and more of the world for your diving opportunities. Alaska has plenty of amazing cold-water dives, wrecks, and reefs just waiting for you.
To get started you need what's called an Open Water Certification. This certification means that you are capable of diving independently with a buddy to a max depth of 60 feet. You've proven to an instructor that you have all the necessary skills for diving, including putting together your own gear and knowing how each part works, buoyancy control, safe entry and exit methods, and dive planning.
Open water certification = $900
- Book work through SSI = $300
- Register online and please start homework before getting in the water
- Confined water dives (pool sessions) = $300
- Minimum of 5-6 pool sessions
- Open water dives= $300
- 4 dives with an instructor
Classes are student-paced and move as fast as you can pick up the skills presented. If some piece of training presents difficulty, there is no penalty for going slow and you can attend as many pool sessions as needed to get it right.
- Includes all gear rental
- Does not include Pool entrance fee, 6$ paid to pool on entry
The minimum age for certification is 10
The minimum age for pool classes is 8
Referral certification = $500
- Book and pool training with Test The Waters
- You are certified as a referral diver and have 6 months to dive with another shop somewhere warm and finish your open water training
- We can direct you to other dive shops wherever you’re vacationing
Drysuit Special = 300$150$: 50% off with any other course
Alaska is cold and we train in drysuits. Since you have already done the required skills for a drysuit certification, add another Open water Dive and earn a specialty certification for half price.
Important note: You can not rent a drysuit outside class without a drysuit certification
Advanced Adventurer Open water certification = 400$
- 24 dives and five specialties
- Specialties must include, Night diving, Navigation, and Deep
- The other 2 are your choice
Stress and Rescue = 400$
- Minimum 3 pool sessions
- Minimum 3 open water dives
- CPR, AED, 1st Aide, O2 administration training
- Beach Scenario training event
Full face mask
Search and recovery
Speciality: Night/Limited Visibility
Night and limited visibility certification
DIVE TRAINING EXTRA TIME
Extra training time with a certified professional!
React Right - Course Combination (FA, CPR, AED, O2)
Learn how to manage dive emergencies and treat injuries as a first responder with our React Right specialty. This in-depth emergency first response course includes first aid, CPR skills, oxygen administration and much more! Earn the SSI React Right specialty certification and help other divers in need. Start today!
Science of Diving
This is the online/virtual version of the Science certification course. Upon completion, you will have advanced knowledge of dive physiology, physics, and the underwater environment. This course teaches the background information to improve your overall safety while diving.